Wednesday, June 01, 2011

A trip overseas pt 1



Day 1:
As the plane landed in Geneva a pleasant wind greeted me at the airport. It was late at night and I reached my hotel in around fifteen minutes.
Sleep hit me since I had been travelling for a long time that day.

Day 2:
St Pierre's Cathedral


As the morning arrived I grabbed a quick breakfast, decided to make a visit to the cathedrals and a few of the museums. I went for a visit to the famous cathedral of St Pierre.An amazing church with carved wooden chairs and intricate glass work. I also managed a visit to the Roman Orthodox Church, a wonder of its own with gold plated domes having beautiful artifacts and great pictures. Later after a leisurely lunch at the United  Nations cafeteria, offering a great variety of foods, me being a vegetarian, still managed to find a surprising number of vegetarian dishes. The Nation’s grounds were quite pleasant to explore, with big gardens and a great shop, it’s a must visit. I later visited the museum of Art and history. Containing many fine art sculptures and great paintings. There was a special exhibition going on about Rome, which was very informative. One of my favorite paintings was one by Jan Brueghel called "Bouquet of Flowers in a vase”. I returned back by the tram which is a preferred mode of transport for most of the population. This ended my second day.
The Coat of arms Geneva 






No comments: